Pages

Friday, July 27, 2018

Colourpop's "Mar" palette review and swatches!



Colourpop have just come out with two palettes which are inspired by the sun, "Sol" and the sea "Mar", a few months ago! 
When I first saw these two palettes, I really couldn't take my eyes off it! I knew I "had' to get it 😂 (Yes, my Colourpop addiction is real you guys.)
They are constantly coming up with new things, and their marketing is obviously so amazing that I'm broke all the time because of it. ARGHHH.

Anyway, let me walk you through my thoughts, is this palette a hit or miss? Hmm...

The Mar palette is inspired by the sea, which you can obviously see by the colours of the palette. 
The palette has 9 beautiful colours, 6 shimmer shades and 3 matte shades. 


On my eyes: Gridlock on the lids, Sorbet for my transition shade, Top Down for my outer corners, HWY for my bottom lash liner (which can't really be seen). 


1. The Price

From top to bottom: El Rey, Boozy, Sorbet, Wild One, My Way, Top Down, HWY, Gridlock


The palette sells for 12USD, which is RM48.53.
I honestly think, for a 9 pan palette, the palette is pretty affordable. 
For those of you who always ask me where I get my Colourpop products from, I usually just get it on the site itself!

Ratings: 8/10


2. Packaging

First row from the left: El Rey, Wild One, Detour
Second row from the left: Boozy, Gridlock, Sorbet.
Third row from the left: HWY, Top Down, My Way

The packaging is super travel-friendly, as it is actually quite small.
And of course, I always enjoy a mirror in my palettes, and that makes it even better for travelling!
 In case if you don't know, not all Colourpop palettes have a mirror in them.
There's nothing that I don't like about the packaging honestly.

Ratings: 10/10


3. Pigmentation

Eyes: Colourpop "Mar" palette
Lips: Colourpop Lux Lip in "Money Moves" topped with UGL in "Neat Freak"
Highlight: GlamX Cosmetics in "Malibu"
Blush: Tarte "paaarty"
Bronzer: Arty Professional


Now, the most important part. The pigmentation.
I'm sorry, but you'll actually be disappointed. 
This palette is actually not as great as the other Coloupop palettes that I've ever bought.
Disappointing, really. 

I first used a brush to apply the shades on my lids, but the colour just doesn't look as intense as I'd like it to be. So, I proceeded with my fingers instead, and let me tell you... AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! IT JUST DIDN'T WORK!

It is extremely frustrating, especially the shade "Boozy".  I had to use my fingers to swatch... and swatch.. and swatch... and it still can't really be worked with! I saw my friend later on, and she said that the colours don't look that pigmented as well. SIGH.

Some colours are OK, but most of the glittery shades feel extremely chunky, and really, not pigmented at all.

Don't be fooled by photos, it can always look good but.. meh.


Ratings: 4/10



Lastly, I know, the palette looks absolutely gorgeous, and there are plenty of people raving about it. But for some reason, the palette is really just a miss for me personally. I honestly think, that if you'd want to get similar shades, go for the other palettes, or their super shock shadows! You won't regret it. But as for this... MEH.


Anyway, hope you enjoyed my honest review on this palette. I should be doing Colourpop's "Mar" palette review very soon! Stay tuned!

Love,
Esther




No comments:

Post a Comment

designed by Charming Templates