Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Colourpop's "Sol" palette, review+ swatches!




Hello guys! Sorry again, for the delay 😂. 
I procrastinated too much, and it really was pretty difficult to find someone to take photos for me sometimes. 
Anyway, I'm back with another review!

Two weeks ago, I've written my review on Colourpop's "Mar" palette, and this week, it's all about the "Sol" palette. 


The "Sol" and "Mar" palette were both released at the same time. Sol represents the sun, and Mar represents the sea! 
The colours in both the palettes really are true to their names, as the Sol palette has a lot of orangey shades, while the Mar palette has blue-ish shades! 

Since the "Mar" palette wasn't that great for me, let me tell you what I think about the "Sol" palette. The review I'm doing this time is going to be slightly different than the last. I'm going to skip through the pricing and packaging, as they both are the same. To see what I thought about the pricing and packaging, you can head on to my previous blog post!

 Swatches



From left to right ( Unwind, OOO, Floaties, B+B, Motel, Hotel, Dynamite, Anthem, New Digs)



From left to right. 
First row: New Digs, Anthem, Dynamite, 
Second Row: Hotel, Motel, B+B
Third Row: Floaties, OOO, Unwind

Pigmentation 


The pigmentation in this palette is slightly better than the "Mar" palette, but still, not that great. 

Favourite shade: The colour "Floaties" is a glittery orange shade, and it is beautiful! But, keep in mind that there is a lot of fall out. So, if you're actually planning to use that shade, do your eyes before your full face, or it can get really messy, especially with such a bright colour.

The shade I dislike: "Unwind".  This shade is not pigmented at all, and I had to dip my brush in a few times to get the outcome that I wanted. I feel that it's important for all palettes to have a good outer corner shade, especially when there's only ONE! 


Close-up looks 



What I'm wearing: "Floaties" on my lids, "OOO" + "Dynamite" for my crease, "Unwide" on the outer corners, and "OOO" again at the bottom of my eyes. 


Overall ratings: 6/10. 

Who should buy this palette? : If you love orangey shades, this palette is definitely for you! Some colours are pretty bright, so I'd understand that not everyone will actually use this palette. If you're a neutral gal, this palette won't be a good fit! There are some colours that I do not dare to use as well, as I'm still not that adventurous with bright colours yet. 

Lastly, I do hope you enjoyed this review. If you haven't checked out my review on the "Mar" palette yet, you can click here. Also, sorry if some photos don't look as good. I had to take some with my phone! If you bought this palette as well, let me know if the pigmentation is as bad for you? 

Love, 
Esther 



No comments:

Post a Comment

designed by Charming Templates