Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Colourpop swatches !



As most of you may already know, matte lipsticks/lip creams are super popular now, with many  cosmetic companies bringing out their very own versions of it.
I know this blog post about matte lip products are kiiiindaaa late, but its okay, better late than never!

Colourpop would definitely be one of my favourite matte lipsticks/lipcreams as they don't only bring many variety of colours, but they are pretty affordable as well!
When they started shipping internationally, I couldn't help but feel sooo excited! But, their shipping fees are still not cheap after converting from USD to MYR! :(


The swatches that I've got are from them are Ultra Matte Lip , Ultra Satin Lip & Lippie Stix category.
My favourite amongst the three would definitely be the Ultra Satin Lip, which is quite moist and comfortable when I wear it even though its kind of like a matte lip cream.
Whereas, I found the Ultra matte lip super dry and flaky at times, so does the Lippie Stix! I'd still wear them though, but definitely with the lip balm beforehand.

Here are some photos that I took of the shades I have! Hope it helps anyone at all when they are looking up on the shades before buying them! Also, yup, a lot of selfies, yup.

P/S: The Lippie Stix shades that I have are already discontinued, but I'd show you how it looks like anyway!


From the left : Dohee ( discontinued ), Beeper, Hutch , Frick N' Frack, Limbo and Spritz.

Ultra Satin Lip : Dohee, Hutch, Frick N' Frack, and Spritz 
Ultra Matte Lip : Beeper and Limbo




Lippie Stix : Rayezor and Jenneration X (both are already discontinued)


Ultra Satin Lip

1. Dohee 

What an awkward...head.


Wearing the colour Dohee here, which is from Jenn Im's Colourpop collaboration. 
This colour is a bright peachy-orange, just perfect for the summer! (Who am I kidding, its summer everyday in Malaysia)
Although this colour is quite pretty and it looks fantastic on Jenn Im, I'd say that it is pretty difficult
to wear. 
The colour is a little too bright for me, which I'm definitely not used to! 

2. Hutch



Hutch is a really dark vampy purple and it is the perfect purple shade that I've been searching for!
This is definitely one of my favourites!!!
I think this colour could also be a dupe for the shade, Kourt K, by Kylie Cosmetics.

3. Frick N' Frack 




Before you say anything, dont hate on the dog filter!!! I don't know why there are so many people who are giving people shit for using the dog filter! I LOVE IT.
Anyway, Frick N' Frack is one of my favourite colours and I've been wearing it A LOT!
This shade is kind of terracotta, like a mauvy dark pink. I cant really find the words to describe it. 
A rose gold eye make up look would go amazing with this shade!!

4. Spritz





Spritz is a really cute barbie pink colour, a perfect colour to finish off a sweet look!
This is actually my sister, Jane's colour, and it is not something that I'd borrow to wear all the time because I don't think it looks that great on me.
But it is perfect for anyone who loves a barbie pink shade on their lips!


Ultra Matte Lip

1. Beeper 



Beeper is another colour that i struggle to describe.
I guess its kind of a taupe-ish colour which looks purple-ish or brown-ish at times? I don't know, but all I know is that this colour is BOMB!!

2. Limbo 



Limbo is a very dark brown and also another vampy shade that I love !
This could be a dupe for the shade " True Brown K" from the Kylie Lip Kit! 
This colour might be quite scary to wear as its very dark. The first time I wore it out, I felt a little self conscious as well, but fuck it!!! If you have it, just flaunt it. Hahaha.

Lippie Stix

1. Rayezor



Rayezor ( Colour is discontinued)

Rayezor is a nude-ish shade that has a hint of pink in it. 
It is perfect for a smokey eye.
This colour is not really for me as i usually love a brown-ish eyeshadow with a brighter or darker lipstick.

2. Jenneration X


Jenneration X ( colour is also discontinued)


Jenneration X is a coral red lip colour and it is VERY bright.
I never usually like orange toned lip colours as I don't think it suits me, but this colour is alright.
To be honest, I only bought it because a part of Jenn Im's collaboration with Colorpop!
It's not a colour that I would wear a lot, because of how bright and coral-ish it looks, but on special occasions where you want your lip colour to stand out, I think its perfect!


That's all for my colourpop swatches, I hope you guys enjoyed it and have more of an idea of how these shades look like on your skin! 



Love, 
Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed by Charming Templates