Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Urban Decay Backtalk Palette Review. Worth it or not?






Eyes, highlight and blush: Urban Decay Backtalk palette. 

Lips: Colourpop Lux Lip in Layover topped with Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip in Moon Child.

Urban Decay did it again! Coming up with new palettes that I really cannot resist! 
The Backtalk palette really caught my eye, as the mauvy, berry-toned shades were absolutely beautiful. Honestly, I was also really attracted to the palette because I've never used any of their face makeup products before and was pretty excited to try it. Plus, I love a good palette that provides everything so I don't have to pack as much when I travel.

I was lucky enough to get this palette for my early birthday present from my man, and even better, he got it for me during the Sephora 20% member sale! What a steal! Also, the Sephora sale really has got me going a little insane, and I will be posting another review on two other palettes that I bought as well (Oops).

The palette is RM245 originally, with 8 eyeshadow shades and four face shades, but the question is, is it good and is it worth it? Is it for you?

Lets first start with: The packaging.




The palette comes with a magnetic duo mirror in the middle where you can take off. The palette also has two sides, one with all the shadows, and the with two blushes and two highlighters.


What I like: Mirrors on both sides of the palette

What I dislike: Doesn't close properly as there are no magnets on the closings and openings. ( If ya get what I mean)

Ratings: 7/10


Next: Eyeshadow shades.


Sorry about the imperfections of the palette. I don't know how I dug my nail into the palette both on my blush and eyeshadow 😅.



There are 8 eyeshadow shades altogether. 5 shimmer shades and 3 matte shades.


What I like: This palette has a really nice mauvy transition shade (backtalk), and I’m extremely happy that they have 5 shimmer shades! I LIVE for shimmer shades!

What I dislike: This palette did not have a good outer corner shade (180). 180 is definitely not good enough to intensify the whole look, as I'd have to dip my brush in it a few times to get the intensity I need.

Ratings: 7/10

The texture of eyeshadow: Pretty good and it glides on easily! Shimmer shades are best applied with fingers.

Ratings: 9/10

Next: Face palette shades



There are two blushes and two highlighters in this palette, and I’ve been using only 3 shades in this palette ( Cheap shot, Doubletake and Party foul). The shade "Low Key", is a little too dark to be a highlighter and too shimmery for me to be a blush. But I think it might look pretty good as an eyeshadow. 




Highlighters: 
The shade "Party Foul" is a beautiful rose gold highlighter, and the shade "Low Key" is a peachy highlighter. 

What I like: "Party Foul" works perfectly on my skin.

What I dislike: Quite a bit of fallout, you have to be careful and tap the excess product off before 
applying

Note: The highlight glitters are pretty huge, so it doesn't really give you much of a sheen. So, if you like glittered highlights then this is for you!

Ratings: 6/10


Blush: 
Both blushes are really great and work beautifully on my skin! No complaints 😁😁.


Ratings: 10/10 



Overall, this palette is really value for money as it has your eyeshadows, blushes and highlighter! I wouldn't say that this is a must-have palette. I mean, it is beautiful, but it doesn't really live up to the hype. And as said before, only if you love mauvy berry-toned shades, this is for you. Or else, there are many other beautiful palettes out there (Consider Colourpop, yes too huge of a fan).

Hope you enjoyed this review as much as i loved writing it. 
More to come next week! 


Love, 
Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed by Charming Templates